I have some excessively high standards for myself when I become a senior. The tradition of being a role model, yet still being known as the boss has gone away in my perspective. Seniors these days come off as the stereotypical big, bad kids who think they can defeat anybody and will say and do anything to be known as the boss. Don't get me wrong, seniors deserve an amount of respect, but there is a certain way of doing things to earn this respect. Being involved in sports my whole life, I have seen through the years who I want to act like and who I don't want to act like. Back in the day when my mom and aunts were in high school, it was way different than it is now. Back then, if you looked at a senior, you were scared. Younger kids worked as hard as they could in practice to be the "favorite" to the seniors. Nowadays, I think younger kids have lost this ethic of work. Kids have become lazy and unwilling to go the extra mile in activities they are involved in. This is truly sad because they will not have anything to portray to the younger kids when they are seniors because they weren't taught correctly. I am going to describe to you the perfect senior, in my opinion. This senior is represented as someone who seems welcoming. I want younger kids to look at them and see a friend. Someone they look up to. This person should be easily accessible for advice in any category. This person graduates and should be described as their own level of standard at the top. This senior should represent their attitude as the best in every single game and practice. This senior should be encouraging at all times. These are all things that should be done so the younger kids learn to represent themselves the best they can when the opportunity arises. I have experienced all different kinds of seniors throughout my years of sports. Some great, and some with very poor attitudes and representations setting a horrible example for the kids below them. I am looking forward to being a senior and having the opportunity to represent myself as an encouraging and uplifting role model.



No comments:
Post a Comment